What do we do
The General Services Division provides support services to University students, faculty and staff in the areas of:
Finance and Budget
- Processing payments and payroll
- Maintaining the general accounts and asset register
- Budget development and monitoring
- Provision of services covering banking, cash management, insurance, financial analysis, financial systems and external audit
Procurement and Contracts
- Procurement of supplies, services and capital equipment required for University teaching, research and administrative operations.
General Administrative Services
- Services to University students, departments, faculty and staff in the areas of:
- Staff housing, travel and accommodation
- Student housing and transportation
- Facility management and space planning
- Food services
- Vehicle management
- Office management
- Services to University staff and visitors in the processing of security clearances and residence visas and the liaison with federal, emirate, or municipal governments to facilitate services required for University operations.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Health, safety and risk management services are provided through the on-site health clinic (Abu Dhabi campus) and through the operations of the HSE officer. The Sharjah campus has arrangements with a nearby clinic to provide a doctor and nurse on call.